- Shipping costs included in Germany, EU and Switzerland on any order of 100 Euro or above
- Low price shipping outside the EU by registered letter
- 2 weeks statutory right of return (customised products excluded)
- Hotline: +49-611-185 11 06
Most sundials, although perfectly constructed, do not allow a direct and accurate reading of the standard time (i.e. Central European Time CET) because they indicate the true solar time (LAT) and not the Central European Time (CET) that is familiar to us.
The principle of the VETRO City makes it possible to display the CET or any other standard time with minute accuracy and even the date.
New: At your request, we draw in the date line of a special day (e.g. birthday or wedding anniversary). The shadow tip moves exactly on this date line on this day of honour. Please specify in the comments field during the order process.
The sundial is placed on a sunny spot on the desk or the windowsill, leveled and aligned with the help of the wristwatch. A use in the garden or on the balcony is also possible, in addition the sundial can also firmly with each underground (stone, railing, etc.) are screwed.
It is designed as a classic vertical sundial, but has a horizontal, designed as a cone gnomon. The sunlight is projected from behind onto the translucent dial, time and date are read at the shadow tip. Since the time is read from the side away from the sun, especially places near the windows are suitable locations.
The dial is divided into two time and date scales, one for the ascending sun (winter and spring) and the other for the descending sun (summer and fall). The dial is fixed in an anodised aluminum rail and is turned to the solstices.
The once necessary adjustment of the sundial is very simple: you turn the dial until the time is the same as the wristwatch.
The VETRO City is manufactured as unique for the desired location. We determine the geographic coordinates from your address and calculate the scales for Central European Summer Time (CEST) or any other standard time or summer time (daylight saving time). If the sundial is intended for a different location, please indicate this in the remark field when ordering.
The VETRO City is the successor to the original town sundial of Dieter Vogt, who has handed over the production to us. With his approval, we have improved the sundial in some ways:
- The VETRO City is now also suitable for outdoor use. All parts are stainless and the printing of the dial is UV resistant.
- The dial can be leveled exactly with the help of the provided spirit level.
- It can now be mounted firmly in the ground, on a stone or railing. Screw and dowel are included.